Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Jacksonville
Advocates for Injured Cyclists
Bicyclists have a legal right to share the roadway with motor vehicles, but you would never know that by the way some drivers behave around bicycles.
Some of the most common types of bike collisions are caused by:
- Cars and trucks driving too close to the bicyclist
- Cars making a sudden right-hand turn in front of a bicyclist in a right-hand bike lane
- Cars making a left-hand turn in front of a bicycle without a turn signal, or swerving into the bicyclist's lane
Sadly, children are very often the victims of bicycle accidents.
The Issue of Fault in Bicycle Accidents
In many bicycle accidents, it's a car or truck driver who was at fault. It's common to hear drivers say: "I didn't see them." That might be the truth, but it's not an excuse. If the bicyclist was following all the laws, the other driver may be 100 % at fault in causing the injuries. It is the responsibility of drivers to be vigilant.
Sometimes the bicyclist was not following the law and may have been partially at fault in the accident. The cyclist can still make a partial financial recovery against the insurance company of the motor vehicle driver.
Bicyclists are sometimes the victim of hit-and-run accidents. In those cases, there is no other insurance company to bring a case against, but the cyclist can often bring a claim against their own car insurance company if they have uninsured / underinsured motorist coverage, depending on the content of their policy provisions.
Other Causes of Bike Accidents
Cars and trucks aren't the only causes of serious or fatal accidents. Poor road maintenance could have caused dangerous road conditions, causing the bicycle to stop suddenly or spin out, resulting in "road rash" or fractures. Equipment failures in the wheel rims, chains, or brakes can cause bicycle crashes, and bike helmet failures could turn a serious accident into a fatal head injury. Traumatic brain injuries can occur even while utilizing a proper helmet and headgear. This applies to motorcycle accidents as well, when there is trauma to the head.
If you or a loved one were injured while riding a bicycle, the attorneys at the Law Offices Of Fred Tromberg can provide you with experienced, aggressive, and professional representation.
- We are always seeking a full measure of justice, nothing less.
- We fight for your rights within the bounds of the law.
- We represent our clients the way we would want to be represented ourselves.
- We fight for fair and adequate compensation to those who have sustained losses through no fault of their own.
- Our overriding goal is to maximize your recovery.